Directed by Sheila Campbell (University of Toronto), this project, began in 1993 and continuing until 2007 (?) examined the remains of a Frankish-period (1204-1460 AD) monastery of the Latin rite Cistercian order. Fieldwork in 1993-1997 led to the speculation that monks arrived at the monastery around 1225 CE, and left between 1265-1280. Material remains show evidence of extensive cultivation by the monks in the surrounding valley and metalworking, and also produced artifacts like coins and pottery. A later phase, around the 15th century CE, shows evidence of burials in the land around the church. The 2006 season focused on an architectural survey of the building, which yielded a digital reconstruction of the abbey.

For more on this project, consult